Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Book Reviews: Goosebumps; A Night in Terror Tower, by R.L. Stine

Eddie and Sue seem like your average brother and sister. They are on vacation in London with their parents. While their parents are in a meeting, the two children go on a guided tour of London. Eddie tells the guide that he wants to visit the Terror Tower, a prison that was used for torture. Outside they notice a man in black with a black hat. As they make their way through the tower, Sue starts to have a feeling of déjà vu. When they get to the top of the tower, the guide tells the story of a prince and princess that were trapped in the tower, that night, the king ordered the guards to smother them in their sleep with a pillow. Unfortunately Eddie does not hear the end of the story. The two children turn around for a moment and they loose the tour group. From there starts a chilling story that will leave any reader, even adults, with chills. This is a book that I would definitely read to my children. It did not take me long to read it, but it would for a younger person. The thing I liked the most was, even though it was easy to guess what was going on, it was still quite the journey. I did not want to stop reading because I wanted to know what was going to happen and find out how it happened.
The one thing I did not like was how descriptive it was. There was nothing gross in it, but the long sentences of how much it was raining, or how a person looked, got a little annoying. There were moments in the book where it was perfect, but I could have dealt with a little less in some spots.
However, in all, this is a very good book. I found myself turning each page, just to find out what was going to happen, and most of the time, I was surprised. It might be too scary for young children, but is perfect for the 10 to 12 year olds, which is who it is written for. If you are looking for a great journey, this is definitely one book to read. It is a short book, but it ends very well. Knowing that a bad ending can completely ruin a book, I was not disappointed. Even though I am older, I did like this book. It was a quick read (I finished it in about a day), but that is mostly because it is so good. I will definitely read more of R.L Stine's books, and I recommend that you do as well.                                                 

                                                                                                                     harisanth-s           
                                                                                                                     vi-b
                                                                                                                      s4278            

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement