Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Five point someone

Five point someone                            Chetan Bhagat

 
The national bestseller written by Chetan Bhagat, published by Rupa, costs Rs.95 and has 267 pages. I thought of reading this book because I love the movie ‘3 idiots’ very much and have heard good comments about the book too. I liked both the book and the movie.


But I think the book is little different from the movie or rather the movie is from the book. Firstly, in this book all the three main characters are 5 pointers, which mean they have a low score of 5 point something out of 10 in their Grade Point Average or GPA. But in the movie, Aamir Khan is a bright student. There are a number of differences but both are really humorous.


Before reading this book, I thought IIT meant for really brainy fellows, but I was amazed to read about all kinds of mischief done by these three – Hari, Ryan and Alok.  The cover says it all - “what ‘not’ to do at IIT”.  Also, Hari loves Neha, who is prof. Cherian’s daughter. This book is mainly about friendship. I had great fun going through this book. I enjoyed all the fun and fights by the three best friends, the happenings in their life. I liked Ryan the most. I can’t forget ‘the mice theory’ ‘Cooperate to Dominate’ and of course ‘Operation Pendulum’!! Those who haven’t read this book till now might be wondering “what’s all this!” But I tell you, I’m not going to be a suspense spoiler.  Quick! Catch hold of this book and have fun!


T.Anagha Sivadas
IX C

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement