Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts


             THE FINAL DIAGNOSIS

                                         -ARTHUR HAILEY

                                            
                This was one of the novels which I read during my marathon reading spree , just before the half- yearly’s. I don’t know why , but I am attracted greatly to Novels , Newspapers and all other forms of literature , which do not find a place in the school curriculum , just before my exams commence.
                The book was a good read. I read it on my way to Kochi , munching on pazhampori   with tea, and continued reading during my stay there finally finishing it after reaching back home, and during this 2 day period , I had little else in my mind other than the story . Hailey pulls us into a hospital setting . A  hospital which is struggling to maintain medical standards . He gives us a third person view of the happenings , struggles , politics and drama of a hospital and its occupants.  It gives us a message that the primary role of a hospital is to makje sure that , those who come there for health care , go back in better health; and that  the job of a doctor is to serve his patients first , taking part in hospital politics is second. It also tells us that professionals ned to keep themselves updated on the latest developments in their field.  There might be lot of stress and lack of time , but a pro has to find time .
                I don’t  think everybody would find the book entertaining , because I happened to lend the book to a friend of mine a few days before and she returned it within next  days, telling me that she couldn’t get beyond the 17th page. But it’s a good book to  try for those who have a liking for the medical world.

    18-11-14                                                                                     ABHISHEK P
                                                                                                            s3450

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement