Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

AMAR CHITHRAKATHA : VALMIKI'S RAMAYANA (6 VOLUME SET)

I did not read the Ramayana during the Ramayana month of Kerala calendar. For reading the big book and chanting the lines always seemed boring. I had a sadness in my mind that I did not read the Ramayana. So, I made up my mind to read the seven kands of Ramayana - Bala Kand, Ayodhya Kand, Aranya Kand, Kishkindha Kand, Sundara Kand, Yuddha Kand and Uttara Kand.

I issued all these books from the school library. I read the books published by Amar Chitra Katha for it seemed easy to understand and learn. Each and every incident was clearly mentioned in these books.

Since, there were 6 books (kands) published by Amar Chitra Katha, I could not read the 7th Kand - Uttara Kand in detail. But in the end of 6th Kand - Yuddha Kand, I could read the summary of the Uttara Kand.

I became really happy to read Ramayana. It was an interesting experience to read it. I felt that although it was an epic, each character in it played a role. Such as -
Raman - Love, Justice, Purity
Ravana - Selfishness, Arrogance Sita - Possessions
Sita (possessions) will always be with Rama (purity, justice, love) and not with Ravana (selfishness, arrogance).

Reading and learning Ramayana cleanse one's mind.

Alana Rajeev

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. May this library have the great readers and may the students bring the fame to this library 👍🎓

    ReplyDelete

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement